Yes, men travel solo.
One might think from all the articles about female solo travel, and from the studies that focus on female solo travel, that men don’t travel solo at all. But they do!
True, on the road I meet more women traveling solo than men. But the men are out there.
Once, with the help of a male solo traveler, I published a post specifically for the guys but I got backlash – and rightly so. Tips about how to travel solo and solo safety apply equally to men and women. There’s not a whole lot of difference in how we travel alone.
There are now over 110,000 (numbers are growing rapidly so chances are that this number is already out of date when you read this) people reading Solo Traveler every month and about 25% of them are men. There may not be as many men as women but over 25,000 is a pretty significant number. I read so much about women traveling solo that I’d like to honor the fact that men travel solo too.
Men Travel Solo and Recommend Destinations
Every week we publish a post on a solo travel destination that is written by a reader. We currently have over 300 posts on solo travel destinations on the blog. What a generous community. (You can submit your recommendations for places to travel solo here).
Now, high fives to the guys. Here are just 10 of the many posts on the blog written by men who travel solo.
- Solo Travel Destination: Patagonia Backcountry
- Solo Travel Destination: Marbella, Spain
- Solo Travel Destination: Mykonos, Greece
- Solo Travel Destination: Taipei, Taiwan
- Solo Travel Destination: San Francisco, United States
- Solo Travel Destination: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Solo Travel Destination: Transylvania, Romania
- Solo Travel Destination: Ionian Islands, Greece
- Solo Travel Destination: Jupiter, Florida
- Solo Travel Destination: Varenna, Italy
In addition to submitting your solo travel destination recommendations you can participate in the solo travel community on the Solo Travel Society on Facebook – it’s all about helping others explore the world solo.