That’s Passports with Purpose in a nutshell.
Passports with Purpose 2013.
Education helps raise people out of poverty. It promotes individual and public health. It is fundamental to securing a legitimate government.
It’s a necessity that, unfortunately, not everyone enjoys.
It is my sincere hope that you will all help the fantastic educational initiative in Mali by contributing $10 (or more) to the 2013 Passports with Purpose (PwP) fundraiser.
This year PwP has partnered with Buildon.
The goal: raise $115,000
to construct 3 primary schools and fund
3 Adult Literacy Programs in the Sikasso Region of Mali, Africa.
Intrepid Travel makes it interesting by offering a 15-Day Trip in Morocco worth over $1,600 as a prize!
Contributing to Passports with Purpose offers you more than just a good feeling. It offers the chance to win fabulous prizes too. Passports with Purpose is built upon travel bloggers partnering with travel companies.
- The company contributes prizes. In Solo Traveler’s case Intrepid Travel is contributing the 15-day Trip in Morocco.
- The blogger (in this case, me) promotes it through his or her blog and other social networks.
- You, all of us, buy virtual raffle tickets to raise funds and have an opportunity to win this and/or other prizes.
You can see the entire list of prizes here but I want you take a special look at this incredibly generous contribution from Intrepid Travel – you can see the details of this 15-day trip in Morocco on the Intrepid site here but here’s a summary from the Intrepid catalog.
Travel Morocco and visit the best of the country’s attractions from Casablanca to Marrakech. Travel from the snow-capped Atlas Mountains to the endless sands of the Sahara, and from the medieval old town of Fes to the spice markets of Marrakech, the rich history and natural beauty of Morocco await. Observe the vibrant collision between old and new expressed in architecture and artwork. Learn about fallen cities and cross paths with nomadic tribes. Jump in and discover the many mysteries and legends concealed within this moody, ever-changing landscape.
Donate to help and for your chance to win
All it takes is $10 to get in the game and make a difference to people in Mali. If every reader of Solo Traveler did this, we would exceed the PwP goal within the two-week period of the fundraiser.
You can also
- Help us get a buzz on. Become a fan of PwP on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and share the site.
- If you have a website help out by posting a PwP widget on your site.
- Keep the buzz going until December 9th.