This is new for Solo Traveler.
Readers have written asking me to organize trips for solo travelers but I’ve never considered this part of my mission, until now.
A few weeks ago I attended a retreat at Northern Edge Algonquin Resort. I loved it. I felt in my element. And I thought “this is a place I would like to share with readers”.
So, the first reader event is a Reader Retreat.
2014 Winter Reader Retreat
I had a fantastic time on my weekend retreat. You can read about it here:
I would like to invite you to join me for a Reader Retreat in 2014
This will be a weekend for you. Participate in everything or skip a few things and relax. There will be yoga, outdoor activities, a journaling workshop, fun conversation and great food. Here are the details…
Where: Northern Edge Algonquin, an eco-lodge on the edge of Algonquin Park, Ontario.
When: Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2014
Who: All readers of Solo Traveler are welcome. There is a limit of 20.
What: Your retreat includes:
- All meals, coffee/tea and snacks from Friday dinner to Sunday Lunch. The food is local, healthy and fantastic!
- Yoga Friday, Saturday morning and late afternoon and Sunday morning.
- Journaling workshop led by me.
- Snowshoeing – don’t worry if you’ve never done it before, it was my first time this year.
- Cross-country skiing – again, not to worry if you’ve never tried this before.
- Time to relax, read, walk, enjoy the sauna…
- Fun. When I went there was a camp-like atmosphere. Lots of chatter and singing. Bring your guitar if you play. Enjoy a campfire under the stars. Listen to the sound of the frozen lake at night.
- Shared accommodation – this is an eco-lodge. I would rate this as rustic luxury. The experience was luxurious, the accommodation was rustic. Most cabins have toilets (some don’t). The showers are in a central lodge. Cabins allocated on first come/first served basis.
- And, of course, there will be an opportunity to talk about solo travel.
The weekend events:
- 5-6pm Yoga
- 6:30 – 7:30 Dinner
- Evening – get to know each other over dessert and coffee in Points North lodge.
- 7 – 8am Yoga
- 8:30 – 9:30am breakfast
- 10 – 11:30am Silent walk followed by Journal Writing workshop
- 12:30 – 1:30pm Lunch
- 2 – 3:30pm cross country skiing
- Free time – sauna time – journaling time
- 5 – 6:15pm Yoga
- 6:30 – 7:30 dinner
- Evening - camp fire, listen to the frozen lake (amazing) and socializing
- 7am – 8:00 Yoga
- 8:30 – 9:30 breakfast
- 10 – 11:00 snowshoeing
- 12:30 – 1:30 Lunch with journal sharing optional
- 2pm departure.
- Book by March 21st: $515 per person. Use coupon code ST60iSTWR
- Book after March 21st: $575
A deposit of $100 is required upon registration. Full payment is required by November 30th. If registering after November 30th, full payment is required.
If, for some reason, you can’t join us, you can receive a refund in full up to two weeks before January 31st.