The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises, and other travel products that are great for solo travelers as they have no or very low single supplement offerings. If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.
And now, the deals, with no single supplement or low single supplement…
Linda Higdon hosts an enriching and transformative global journey that promises to lead you from restlessness to purpose. Linda has worked in Kenya for 15 years and gives you exclusive access to people and places not offered by any other tour. Stay in first-class luxury accommodations and travel safely. You’ll have all the time in the world to sit, talk, and connect in real ways with amazing women changing the lives of thousands. Celebrate with village and tribal women, experience deep spirituality, romp with spirited children, soak up artistry, dance, and majestic wildlife!
Arrive at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya’s bustling capital and East Africa’s commercial and diplomatic hub. We’ll be waiting to welcome you and whisk you away to the Fairview Hotel, a beautiful historic British lodge at the edge of the City Centre. Temperatures are perfect for our February 2017 tour!
The friendships we made with the women were simply priceless – Esther M.
It was the trip of a lifetime! – Suzan N.
Eat Your Heart Out Tours welcomes Solo Travellers with the lowest single supplements – guaranteed.
Enjoy incredible culinary tours. Journey off the beaten track to learn about textiles and embroidery. Thrill to an amazing photographic safari.
Small groups with 2 to 3 leaders/local guides, average group size just 12-16.
Join like-minded solo travellers on:
- Desert tribal textiles NW India Explore the essence of Indian craftsmanship in a 5000-yr old culture
- Trekking Chin State, Myanmar Myanmar – Pagodas Prayers and Tribal Culture
- Tea-trails and wildlife, Sri Lanka Spiritual, Ancient, Beautiful – Sri Lanka
- Kenya photo-safari If you only do one photo safari in your lifetime…
- Textiles and Day of the Dead, Oaxaca Ancient Civilisations, Rich Traditions with British Museum expert
I always felt included and involved, yet was free to explore on my own. – Anne-Marie Applin, 5x solo E.Y.H.O. traveller.
As the owner I have a strong desire to deliver your best trip ever. I personally conceptualise, dry-run, lead or accompany all my tours. No out-sourcing. With only a few handcrafted tours a year E.Y.H.O’s focus is on quality, not quantity. – Shila Desai
Check our guest salutes.
Join us…I’d love to welcome you on an Unpackaged tour!
What is on your Bucket List? Touring the Greek Isles? Italy’s Lake Como and Cinque Terre by foot, ferry, and rail? Walking the bluffs of the French Riviera? Don’t delay your dreams another season. Join us for a fabulous Blue Walk.
No hiking boots or packs required. Our exclusive, customized itineraries of morning coastal walking paths and urban sidewalk strolls bring you to some of Europe’s best loved towns by lunchtime. The Blue Walk walking tours are about enjoying the meditative nature of walking beside large, lovely bodies of water, about the bonding experience of talking with friends when you go for long walks, and about meeting new friends. It’s about really seeing a town as you walk through it – experiencing it at ground level and your own pace.
SOLO TRAVELER SPECIAL: Mention solotravelerblog.com when you reserve and get 50% off our already very low single supplements. Space is limited! Book by September 15, 2016 and get a bonus night for FREE!
- Blue Walk Greece Athens, Amorgos, Naxos (In April, in May and in October 2017) 12 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
- Blue Walk France French Riviera: Nice, Cannes, Menton, & others – (In April and September) 6 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, 6 nights, land only
- Blue Walk Italy Rapallo – Cinque Terre – Portofino – Bellagio – Lake Como (In April and June) 6 nights, shared accommodation or low single supplement, land only
The Blue Walk
European Walking Vacations
Travel at the speed of you.
FL SOT License #ST40290
CA SOT License #2125250
“I found that wherever I am, there’s someone from Vantage taking care of me. I just feel comfortable, safe, and cared for… but with a lot of excitement and a lot of very interesting people.”
That’s how Deanne Gerstel described her experience as solo traveler with Vantage. And she’s not alone – thousands of solo travelers choose Vantage every year.
Why? First and foremost: value. Here’s what you can expect as a Vantage solo traveler:
- Designated solo cabins on most river ships*
- FREE Single Supplements on any Land Adventure*
- FREE Single Supplements on many of our optional extensions*
- Cruise Directors and Adventure Leaders who create a congenial, solo-friendly atmosphere
- A trip filled with like-minded folks, including other solo travelers like you
* Availability limited — first come, first served.
Whether you’re looking for a small ship cruise in the Greek Islands, an African safari, a cultural exploration of Cuba, or a coastal cruise in Norway, Vantage offers solo travelers the best combination of value and experience in the deluxe travel industry.
We know not all solo travelers want to share a room, which is why we’re offering FREE single supplements on selected adventures departing this September. So, whether you want to uncover the dazzling beauty of Iceland or cycle from Prague to Budapest, you can now share your adventure without having to share your room!
Simply book one of the featured trips by 31st August and quote ‘SOLO TRAVEL’ to claim your free single room.
Free single supplement is available on these and other Exodus trips:
- Highlights of Italy Visit historical Italian cities, rural agricultural land and striking coastal villages of the Amalfi Coast. 13 days. Departs 18 Sep 2016
- Beyond the Mayan World Explore lost civilizations in Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras. 15 days Departs 24 Sep 2016
- Highlights of Central Europe Enjoy the cultures and landscapes of the Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia 14 days Excl. flights From Departs 04 Sep 2016
Priced for Solo Travelers! Top Solo Travel Deals: SoloTrekker4U.com
- One-stop shopping for tours and 800,000+ lodgings-up to 46% off.
- At our Contacts page, request our “2016 Update: 175+ Solo Travel Tips”.
- On our website home page, sign up to receive our newsletter for more details.
- Visit us often as we add new top solo travel deals each week. See, for example, our:
Today, 2 in 5 of OAT’s travelers go solo—due to OAT’s Free Single Supplement and Solo Friendly Policies. Top 5 destinations for solo travelers in 2016, based on bookings, are Iceland, Machu Picchu & the Galapagos, India, Botswana, and Italy (
Come travel with us—and see why OAT is the leader in solo friendly travel.
Veteran traveler Harriet Lewis, who’s also vice chair of Overseas Adventure Travel, has compiled “101 Tips for Women Travelers“, a comprehensive travel tips E-book. It is filled with tips from women travelers on going solo, trip preparation, packing, health and hygiene, safety, communications, digital photography, and more. Get it here for free!
Quark Expeditions announces
New Arctic Voyages for 2017
Best Early Booking Bonus Ever!
The Arctic – still one of the last frontiers on earth. Discover the remarkable wildlife: polar bears, walruses, musk oxen and narwhals. See the unrivalled beauty of a part of the world few people ever see. The region spans the Arctic Ocean and covers land areas in parts of Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, and the United States (Alaska) as well as Sweden and Finland. Quark Expeditions has been the world leader in polar adventures for over two decades.
To kick off this thrilling season, Quark is offering an Early Booking Bonus savings with a LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE of:
20% OFF itineraries OR 50% OFF Single Supplement*
- PLUS $150 online Polar Boutique credit
- PLUS $500 credit towards a transfer package, international flights, or travel insurance
SOLO TRAVELLERS SAVE UP TO US$10,395*!
Discover the best of Antarctica with the small ship experts – Aurora Expeditions!
- Just 54 Passengers– One of the smallest group sizes in Antarctica!
- Daily Shore Excursions– getting off the ship is what it is all about
- An Expert Team– your experience is our expedition guides priority
- Optional Activities– sea kayaking, snorkeling, diving, photography and climbing!
- All-inclusive Costs– includes accommodation, meals, excursions and more!
- No Single Supplements– our cabin-mate finding service helps you avoid single supplements
- 25 Years’ Experience– with over 200 trips to our name, we know what we’re doing
SPECIAL OFFER: Quote ‘SoloTravelBlog’ when booking and all solo travellers will receive either a 10% discount on shared cabins or a reduced single supplement of 1.3 times the twin-share rate on selected 2016-17 Antarctica voyages. That is a saving of up to US$10,395!
For more information and full T&Cs visit our website.
“Fun, empowering, and tremendously useful.”
Dr. Bella DePaulo
Author of Singlism, Single with Attitude, and Singled Out
The 2nd edition of The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers more stories and tips on solo travel fun and safety. Part how-to manual and part travel literature, it will help you venture out with confidence to discover yourself as you discover the world!
The Solo Traveler’s Handbook offers:
• A comprehensive how and why of solo travel.
• Real solo travel stories.
• Solo and social: meeting locals and other travelers.
• Safety: four priorities, five principles and sixty tips.
• Planning and packing.
• Where to go and when.
• Dozens of resources.
**Available in paperback and most e-readers**
The Solo Traveler Deals page presents tours, cruises and other travel products that are great for solo travelers. It should be noted that, in most cases, we have not used the products and/or services listed below and Solo Traveler is not endorsing them. The companies on this page are paid advertisers and vetted by the fact that they have no or very low single supplement offerings. Travelers are responsible for their own selection of product/service provider(s). If your company would like to promote your travel deal to the readers of Solo Traveler, please contact Simon Constam.