Solo Travel Giggle (er, Google) Searches
I don’t pretend to understand them. I just report them.
The majority of search terms that connect people to Solo Traveler are predictable: solo travel; solo traveler blog; destinations for solo travelers; where to go for first solo trip, solo travel safety…
But then there are those that are not so predictable. Searches that surprise. Searches that really make me wonder because, not only did these people search the term, but they actually decided that my site may have the answer. Sometimes they cause a pang of concern. Mostly they are the subject of mild amusement.
So, I offer you a few of my faves broken into four categories: search terms from the solo travel conflicted, cautious, keen, and curious.
The solo travel conflicted.
• Love is for people that be alone
• Love transit tips
• How to tell partner you want to travel alone
• I wish I had traveled when I was younger
• And, the particularly disturbing: Solo vacation ended relationship
The solo travel cautious:
• Are people who travel alone weird?
• Is it safe to travel alone at 50
• Is it safe to travel alone Chicago train
The solo travel keener:
• Travel alone and love it
• Clubbing solo
• Past life di solo (huh??)
The solo travel curious:
• Prior to traveling across the world what should be known
• What it takes to travel alone
• Solo travel for introvert
Solo Traveler is a young blog. We try to respond to the needs of solo travelers by studying things like Google searches and offering a balance of solo travel stories, tips, safety and perspectives. But we’re still trying too determine what the best balance is. In the interest of making it more valuable and relevant for those who travel solo and those who want to, please contribute your insights and suggestions. Your 2 cents worth in the comments would be greatly appreciated.